[lbo-talk] Gore and Nader "Quite Cordial" These Days

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 18:42:05 PST 2006

A BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP? I hear that Al Gore and Ralph Nader - whose third-party candidacy is still blamed by some Democrats for Gore's 2000 defeat by George W. Bush - are actually quite cordial these days. The two former antagonists are apt to run into each other this weekend while accumulating bags of swag at the Sundance Film Festival, where they'll be attending the premieres of documentaries about themselves. "I think Gore is much better out of office," Nader told me yesterday, adding that he's a big fan of the ex-veep's speeches about the Bush administration (which he believes should be collected in a book), including yesterday's barnburner attacking President Bush's surveillance of American citizens. "That's the speech the Democratic leadership in Congress should have given weeks ago," Nader said, adding puckishly: "I bear him no ill will. He took more votes from me than I did from him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/383451p-325522c.html