[lbo-talk] Unproductive Workers = The Best Organized in the USA

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 18 13:40:05 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:

>I don't buy it-- business loves large chunks of the public sector-- roads,
>universities, and of course the defense sector.

Have you looked at the funding of public universities lately? Diminishing shares come from public funds, and they're under constant pressure to commercialize.

I suppose you're trying to argue that it's in capital's interest to have a vigorous public sector, but if that were true, why are our politics so anti-public-sector?

Doug