[lbo-talk] re: myspace

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jan 19 07:54:40 PST 2006

c p wrote:

> Look at their accused targets. I don't like these guys. The Forest
> service genetics lab... unless I'm grossly mistaken, would purely be
> doing applied conservation genetics i.e. seeing how inbred a threatened
> bird has become, identifying different genetic stocks of fish or trees.
> It's highly unlikely they develop new agricultural strains of pine or
> whatever controversial activity they are imagining (that would be so
> expensive, that the USFS would not have that money, plus as Ignacio
> Chapela accurately points out, that stuff hasn't proven profitable at
> all). They're such luddites they couldn't bother to look this up.
> Also, it took one try with google search terms to discover the May 20th
> activity he referred to but said he couldn't talk about - it was the
> Palo Alto anarchist action 'reclaim the streets' which was far more
> vandalism oriented than other reclaim the streets parties.

It's important to keep in mind that the FBI and other authorities really don't understand activism, so there is a tendency for their agents to lump stuff together in ways that don't make much sense to any of us day-to-day activists. The FBI can be pretty incompetent, but they are dangerous because they can really fuck up lives of those who they arrest and charge with crimes.

All of the activists arrested recently deserve our full support, including the two new people arrested yesterday.

Chuck