[lbo-talk] re: Hillary breathes fire

Seth Kulick skulick at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 19 18:14:06 PST 2006

> From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
> Subject: [lbo-talk] Hillary breathes fire
>
> <http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=156238>

> In a get-tough speech on Iran delivered at Princeton University late
> yesterday, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) said the United States "cannot
> take any option off the table in sending a clear message to the
> current leadership of Iran."

This story leaves out this part of her speech, reported elsewhere. "Just get over it"?

Hillary Clinton calls for U.N. sanctions against Iran By GEOFF MULVIHILL Associated Press 19 January 2006 [...] Clinton said that the United States has an important role in stabilizing the Middle East, in part because America offers a brand of optimism that can make a difference.

"History has weighed heavily on the Middle East. What we have tried to do over the last 30 years, starting with President Carter, moving through other presidents, including my husband, and now this president, is to send a uniquely American message: `It can get better. Just get over it.'"