[lbo-talk] Woman fired from bus driver job for being a witch

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 23:47:30 PST 2006

I don't know if the bus driver would be fired for claiming to be an angel, saint, witch, or whatever -- I mean, she's a school bus driver, for crying out loud. So what if the school bus driver thinks they're a saint or believes in Wicca? The article says, "The Princeton school district request that she have no contact with students, and says she is not a role model." How much of a "role model" does a school bus driver have to be? Seems absurdly strict for a notoriously low wage, crappy job. I think of Otto from The Simpsons, for one.

-B.

joanna wrote:
> Well, was she fired for being a witch or for being
delusional?

> I mean, if she had claimed to be a saint or an
angel, would she also have lost her job?