[lbo-talk] Highly ImPopper

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Jan 20 09:09:10 PST 2006

Travis:
> The onus is on you to read and evaluate Marxist empirical
> studies and suggest specifically why they are contradictory
> or inaccurate. The onus is on you because you claimed they
> cannot predict anything- well now you say "not much." That
> is, this is a claim which you must substantiate with
> evidence. After you have done this let me know and we can
> have a reasoned debate. Failing this just admit that you are
> misinformed and we can move on.

Last time I checked, the onus is to prove that a relationship holds, not to disprove it does not. We must be using different textbooks, I suppose.

So can you do us a public service and list those Marxist predictions that were confirmed and those that were not. It should not be difficult for someone who believes that Marxism did such a splendid job. Or at least point us to a metatheoretical article that does that.

Wojtek