US schools compared to E. Europe (was Re: [lbo-talk] life in Germany)

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Jan 20 10:07:18 PST 2006

The California community colleges rank as one of the great educational achievements in the country. Many are seriously underfunded. Even so, for a very small cost, poor people get a chance, even a second chance. The benefit-cost ratio must be higher than any other form of higher education in the country.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu