[lbo-talk] communist witches were not spectral

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 08:35:40 PST 2006

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Absolute male supremacy was not contested by
> anything
> so dramatic (or indeed I think contested at all) in
> Europe in the period in question, so there was no
> threat to quash.

I suspect you are right. I also hypothesize that the wise women theory is derived from a wish that absolute male supremacy _was_ being contested in Europe at the time, because that would serve to more historically ground current concerns about gender relations and help provide an ideological/emotional foundation for them.

Be that as it way, Charles and Jenny, especially Charles, are way, way too emotionally involved in a question that is of purely historical interest. That's my last comment on this.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!