[lbo-talk] Re: post-doctorate

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:40:13 PST 2006

I thought that the UC system had a "normative time to degree" system to force grad students to finish quickly.

Also, is it possible that he has Asperger's syndrome (mild autism) which is characterized by poor social skills, by poor ability to plan one's life, and by poor common sense, but by professorial pretensions?

On 1/24/06, Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:
> He is not scum....he is just a procrastinator and unorganized man who
> may not have the get up and go to make things happen in his life.
> None of us who have watched him at UCLA can understand why it has
> taken him so long to get his PhD. He still doesn't have it. ...
-- Jim Devine

"The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin