[lbo-talk] Re: post-doctorate

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 24 10:59:58 PST 2006

Marta Russell wrote:

> He is not scum....he is just a procrastinator and unorganized man who
> may not have the get up and go to make things happen in his life.

That describes me to a T. It took me at least three years longer than it should have to get the Ph.D. And I was eligible for a direct commission in 1953, but by the time I got around to filing for it (i.e., merely filling out the papers), the requirements had changed! "Procrastination" can mean many things, but in some forms it is a really core symptom of clinical depression.

Carrol