[lbo-talk] Re: post-doctorate

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Jan 24 18:48:41 PST 2006

> I thought that the UC system had a "normative time to
> degree" system to force grad students to finish quickly.

Sorta. They for sure have that for undergrads, but graduate students get some slack cut. There's some point at which you have to start paying filing fees again, but I had a friend who was 12 years into it. One night we were playing poker with several other double-digit-grad students. At one point he had a great hand, leanded back, smiled and wistfully said: You know, in 10 years, we'll all look back on this and say: what the hell are we still doing here?!