[lbo-talk] Lumpen

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sat Jan 28 08:08:41 PST 2006

W. Kiernan " Wojtek is right though. There's no branch of white music today with both the commercial reach and the concentrated anti-social idiocy of black gun-rap music, which makes up 25% to 50% of the contents of the platinum-selling rap records my son buys. The closest comparison among white artistic genres would be horror B-movies, and gun-rap music generates at least ten times their revenue.

Often the music side of it (which, like the Motown backing bands, rarely even gets credits on the record cover) is superb, but I guess it's _hard_ to write lyrics, so the lyricists just jerk off instead; anybody raised on American teevee can effortlessly write a horror movie.

^^^^^

CB; Yea, you're right.

Of course, the music industry bourgeoisie learned their lesson from youth music in the 60's popularizing progessive political and social ideas among masses. They made sure to select and invest in the rightwing rappers to create the opposite effect. Not only that, they are keeping Black-gun rap in fashion for a longer cycle than previous teenage music styles.

Rap does rhyme though. I was reading _Canterbury Tales_ outloud to a friend the other day. She said , "It sounds like rap."