[lbo-talk] Down with Lawn Mowers and Leaf Blowers! (was Too Old for Rap)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Jan 30 07:21:30 PST 2006

Yoshie
> What is the most excruciating source of noise pollution in America?
> Lawn mowers and leaf blowers!

Absolutely - that shit was driving me crazy when my current wife lived in suburban PA. There is hardly anything more annoying than the deaf silence of the burbs being pierced by the cacophony of lawn mowers and leaf blowers.

> It is to be regretted that corporate Japan has learned to
> export its automobiles but failed to popularize stone gardens
> (e.g., <http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryoan-ji>) in the US market.
> Yoshie Furuhashi

I think bonsai trees and water fountains are somewhat popular, no? I used to make table fountains and tried my hand at bonsai trees with mixed results.

Wojtek