[lbo-talk] OK, Nathan

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:22:27 PST 2006

>Filibuster my ass. I knew that would never happen, despite the chirps and
>peeps of online libs. Fucking saps.

But isn't this absolutely typical? The Democrats took money from Abramoff, are up to their ears in the rape of New Orleans (who heads the Shaw Group, I wonder?), are as right-wing as hell on almost any issue you can think of (besides the sacred foetus), couldn't raise the slightest heckle over the manifest fraud in the 2004 elections - etc etc. Now, if the Democrats are happily raking in a fortune on Wall Street, taking bribes from Jack Abramoff, lying through their teeth, weeding out and trampling on the would-be insurgents within, back-stabbing, selling out, jacking up the value of their shares and attacking the poor, then who are they to complain of a little electoral fraud or worry about disenfranchised voters? Who are they to concern themselves with a conservative supreme court? It's all just tough competition, a plutocratic catfight in which the lower orders are either potential saps or employees.

Besides, the section of the ruling class that the Democrats represent has been shuttling to the right for years, and that has accelerated since 9/11. That's why they'd rather keep Bush in power than mount the kind of campaign or stink that would arouse potentially uncontrollable and ungovernable constituencies.

_________________________________________________________________ Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger 7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk