[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill responds to U. of Colorado investigation]

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jul 1 20:18:06 PDT 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 23:02, Carrol Cox wrote:
> Something I am reading just reminded me of the fact that Coleridge in
> Bigraphia Literaria was as bad a plagiarist as Churchill. Plagiarism is
> an ancient scholarly & intellectual habit which probably ought to be
> encouraged rather than discouraged. Such encouragement would undoubtedly
> raise considerably the tone of academic discourse.

Also, the ease of plagiarism in the Internet Age greatly lowers the barriers to entry into the baccalaureate class -- surely a positive development. Devalue the sheepskin currency down to Weimar Deutschmark levels. The gatekeepers will start to look a little silly, once people can just vault over the wall.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org