[lbo-talk] books on adolescents...

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 5 14:44:37 PDT 2006

Good books on adolescents. Wish I could help. I did a limited search once upon time and didn't like anything I saw for my kid. It looked more or less the same as the stuff I found for myself at the public library from the liberal wing of the 50s---none of which was particularly helpful.

My mother was reading Karen Horney (pyschoanalytic women's stuff) which I kinda of scanned through at sixteen and thought if I could only understand this stuff better maybe I could get laid...

I asked a coo-worker who suggested Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants for K, which she read to her daughter about the same age--going into seventh grade. She also suggested Get Out of My Life, But First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall, Anthony Wolf.

CG