[lbo-talk] books on adolescents...

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 21:30:28 PDT 2006

Thanks. I was looking for harder-core stuff actually -- like what is it that's actually going on and how can you work with it, rather than against it. More theory, more of what the psychoanalysts read...

It's starting. I don't feel much more prepared than I did last time. I think ballet will help. I think the ton of confidence and self-esteem she has will also help. But, any way you look at it, it's a tough passage. They have to basically give birth to themselves as adults, and they think that means they have to killl their child-selves to do that (very sad), and of course, they think they are in some ways killing you.

I will just have to go to UCB and see what I can dig up in the psych library.

Didn't we used to have a lurker/sometime poster who was a shrink? Miles or something like that?

Joanna