[lbo-talk] Liza on coffee

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jul 6 18:26:47 PDT 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 21:03, W. Kiernan wrote:

> I'm big on coffee too, but as I maintain that the very best coffee
> available anywhere comes out of vending machines at Florida highway
> rest-stops between 1:30 and 4:30 AM, this "cloudforest" junk sounds
> plenty buyable to me. Maybe it's not rough enough; worse come to worst
> a shpritz of WD-40'll fix that.

Gedanken:

Suppose coffee -- I mean, native, un-enhanced, unforced, shade-grown coffe, God's design rather than Starbuck's -- really is inferior, wrt flavor, to the environmentally disastrous, peon-tended, latifundarist variety? (I don't say that it is so; but just suppose.) Are we willing to drink inferior coffee for the greater good?

-- --Michael J. Smith (who drinks a lot of coffee, and is very picky about it) --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org