[lbo-talk] books on adolescents...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 7 15:55:37 PDT 2006

Miles Jackson wrote:

> It would probably be more useful for us to share our parenting
> experiences and compare notes; I've noticed that a substantial number of
> us have adolescent or post-adolescent offspring. It would probably also
> be helpful to Doug and Liza--sure, Ivan's cute now, but just wait!

One discovery of neurology is useful (at least retrospectively) -- the part of the brain that is crucial in linking present to future is undeveloped until the early '20s. (My three children are long past adolescence -- birth years 1955, 1957, 1970.) The best part of adolescence is that "This too shall pass."

Carrol