[lbo-talk] Liza on coffee

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 7 17:07:10 PDT 2006

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> 4.55 pm
>
> Is Jordan right about the drop-off in coffee
> consumption? That is counterintuitive, except maybe in
> the context of the health obsessions of the boomers.
> <3 f+s/j

I think he is correct. (My sources long ago and vaguely remembered.) Coffee consumption got a huge impetus from The War -- so many millions of service men had spent so much time drinking coffee under various circumstances. Same for us in the Korean War. But it has tended downwards ever since. And as someone noted, consumption of caffeinated cold drinks has boomed.

Carrol