[lbo-talk] Benny Morris on Hamas

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Mon Jul 10 16:03:29 PDT 2006

All definitely true and worth pointing out. I think what's worth paying attention to Bryan is the issue of how he's been received here. In the US and UK, the combination of Morris' past political positions on resolving the Palestinian issue, combined with the nature of his historical work, lent him a different aura than those who know him more closely.

In some respects Morris' groundbreaking academic works had as demystifying impact - or perhaps even more so - here, than it did in Israel. His interview with Shavit in Haaretz was in many respects his first full coming out politically to his English speaking readership.