[lbo-talk] On Anti-Americanism and Ant

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 12 15:18:17 PDT 2006

Query - whether the imperialisms of the EU, South Korea or Japan are capable of acting against the interests or the expressed wishes of the US. Could the EU, had it been so inclined, sent troops to expel the US from Iraq or to Iran to oppose a US attack there? Sunce the Suez crisis of 1956, I don't think any such thing as happened. Recall that U.S. troops are still present in Germany, Japan and South Korea. Perhaps not as occupiers, but neither as mercenaries. Given how the various countries operate, itt is more accurate, then, to speak of a single imperialism encompasing the US, EU, Japan & South Korea rather than dividing them up.

Anti- Americanism is simply a rhetorical expression of right wing origin to describe opposition to the imperialist project of the day. SR.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com>