[lbo-talk] Re: Democracy activists accuse Putin of repression

Michael Givel mgivel at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 10:30:55 PDT 2006

Uh.....in the entire and vast country of Russia there are no dissidents and since "everybody" knows that the press would not publish such "crap." Damn, I should have known! Russia is a utopia with no human rights violations and the press all sings with one voice.

Meanwhile for those of you interested in Amnesty International take on this topic, see:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGIOR610092006

Or if you do not like the reporting of numerous press sources (how did that crap get published, anyhow????) I have posted recently here on the topic, see also Reporters Without Borders take on this topic, see:

http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=13449

(By the way, the last URL might explain a lot about why the Russian media nowadays apparently sings with one voice as referenced below.)

[lbo-talk] Democracy activists accuse Putin of repression

What repression of dissidents? There is no "naked state repression of dissidents." There is no "naked state repression of the press." There are no "dissidents" for that matter.

Why do you believe this crap? Trusting Kasyanov's word? Do you know who this guy is? Do you know who any of these people are who are masquerading as Russia's oppressed civil society? They are the most despised people in the whole country.

And I am not a member of the press. I work for the Russian Academy of Sciences. But when I was, we would not have printed such crap. How do I know it is crap? Because I live here, that's why, and I actually know what I'm talking about. There is no repression. There is no dictatorship. Get it through your thick head. You are reading the money of Menatep at work. And that of Cheney.

What is up with you and Slavs anyway?