[lbo-talk] A tale of two cities

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 12:53:16 PDT 2006

I tried to talk about the Mumbai bombings in my class on Tuesday night. I was so livid that I was virtually incomprehensible. Where do you start with just how fucked up this is? Lashkar-e-Tayyaba is almost certainly responsible, they're a group largely trained by al- Qaeda, but they're immune to reprisal because Pakistan's intelligence agency, our valiant ally in the war on terror, is their patron. It's hard to tell whether Musharraf's condemnation of the bombing is the worst form of hypocrisy or an indication that he's totally lost control of ISI. Either way, he's scared shitless that the recent US tilt to India will accelerate. At least Manmohan Singh is no George Bush or Ehud Olmert. If he were, Indian troops would be in Lahore by now.

Michael McIntyre