[lbo-talk] A tale of two cities

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jul 13 13:34:02 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:26:56PM +0530, Sujeet Bhatt wrote:
> London bombings 7/7/2005:
>
> Posts on on LBO talk on first three days (7/7 to 7/9): 26
> Number of posters: 23
> Death toll: 52
>

> Mumbai bombings 7/11/2006:
> Posts on on LBO talk on first three days (7/11 to 7/13): 3
> Number of posters: 1
> Death toll: at least 200
>
> Thought this was an interesting statistic.

I gave up trying to discuss this with people (IRL) after explaining that this was the city they used to know as Bombay and tiring of explaining the name change.

Had the US done the bombing, it would be an appropriate topic in the US, as most USers could then find it on a map...

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588 http://blogdayafternoon.com yahoo msg: beyondzero123

We cannot separate the air that chokes from the air upon which wings beat.

-John Perry Barlow