[lbo-talk] found on the web

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Thu Jul 13 17:55:38 PDT 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 1:39 AM, Jim Devine wrote:

> Crossdressing, does the Bible permit it? Let's look at the text which
> the Christian right uses to address the issue.
>
> The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither
> shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are
> abomination unto the LORD thy God.
> Dueteronomy 22:5

There was a documentary on NHK yesterday about a kilt maker in Edinburgh who also designed kilts for women.

I thought the kilt approach to have men wear skirt was very interesting, especially since the "kilt for women" emphasizes the fact that those skirts are really for men.

The guy plans to open a shop in NY and Tokyo. And I'll sure get one when the Tokyo shop opens...

JC