[lbo-talk] lobiquette and lebanon

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 13 19:38:16 PDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 1:24 PM, ravi wrote:

> Ok, so how come very little talk of Israel's latest act of terrorism?

I found myself almost shocked speechless by it - it's so extreme, even by Israeli standards, that I just don't know what to say. It sure looks like they were awaiting some pretext to go completely mad, but extending it into Lebanon too is breathtaking.

And, by the way, what chutzpah it takes for Americans to talk about boycotting or divesting from Israel. Israel would be lost without US arms and money. Could they have launched this latest round of violence without Washington's approval?

Doug