[lbo-talk] On Russia: Baltimore Sun or Peter Lavelle?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 09:34:24 PDT 2006

Peter Lavelle, hands down.

As Nostradamus predicted in whatever year he was predicting things, the newest Russia thread is going to spin around and around into a textual Merry Go Round powered by Chris' anger and Givel's salvos of 'things are bad and getting worse' articles and reports from Western sources.

There's a certain level of sport in watching this but for more nutritious fare I recommend we all steer our browsers to Peter Lavelle's "Untimely Thoughts" for a comprehensive view which includes both criticism and praise of Putin's Russia.

<http://www.untimely-thoughts.com/>

As it happens (and as Chris has probably already mentioned) a debate on the very topic of press freedom in Russia is posted there right now.

Goest thou.

.d.

--------- The 21st century's mightiest blogo-techno-cryto-orgasmo-fascist!

http://monroelab.net/blog/