[lbo-talk] Happy Bastille Day

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 14 12:39:08 PDT 2006

Jerry Monaco wrote:

> On 7/14/06, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
> So if you had state power, whose head would you chop off
> first?
>
> Doug
>
> Bankers first. And since CitiBank is supposedly the largest corp in
> the world, so I think those heads should go first. After that you can
> take the heads of the masters of General Electric. For personal
> reasons I have knitted them into my list.
>
> Though I must say, on a pacifist note, if we are powerful enough, and
> thus have no need for a Red Terror, I would prefer to leave Madame
> Guillotine rusting away in Union Square and simply sentence all top
> Bankers to community service cleaning toilets at the current minimum
> wage.

If we were strong enough one could even ship them off to a well guarded island resort (I believe that was Trotsky's suggestion). I agree with the second paragraph, but if I were to indulge in the head chopping, it would be for the states attorney (if he's still alive) who engineered the murder of Fred Hampton.

Carrol