[lbo-talk] noted without comment (fuckn saturdays)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 16 07:51:47 PDT 2006

As is not surprising, I agree with you. Intuitively, Russia has cred among Arabs due to its Soviet-era backing of them and its large Muslim population, and it has cred in Israel due to the Russian Jewish population there.

The arms-sales no. 1 place is just another of those factoids that make you go "hmmm..." on the Russian economic boom. ;)

--- martin <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2006, at 6:30 AM, Chris Doss wrote:
>
> > Russia is the world's No. 1 arms exporter (beating
> out
> > the US last year IIRC). Mostly to India and China.
> >

> Yes, but I don't see how that compromises russia
> from being an honest
> broker in avoiding war. Most arms sales are marketed
> as preventive in
> nature.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!