[lbo-talk] Re-intro

George Scialabba scialabb at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 17 11:55:39 PDT 2006

I guess I was assuming that mass production, large accumulations of capital, and a significant division of labor are inevitable in a high-tech economy.

I'm sure there are debates on this, but I'm blanking at the moment, except for what is perhaps the earliest (and surely one of the most interesting): Edward Bellamy's "Looking Backward" vs. William Morris's "News from Nowhere."