[lbo-talk] how Hillary could win

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Jul 19 08:25:02 PDT 2006

The over-weening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities, is an antient evil remarked by the philosophers and moralists of all ages. Their absurd presumption in their own good fortune, has been less taken notice of it. It is, however, if possible, still more universal .... The chance of gain is by every man more or less over-valued, and the chance of loss is by most men under-valued. [Adam Smith 1776, I.x.b.26, pp. 124-5]

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901