how we could win [was Re: [lbo-talk] how Hillary could win]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 19 13:51:25 PDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I think leftists that argue this perspective misunderstand the purpose
> for which the DP exists.

In your agentless world, who set things up this way in the first place, and who assures that it continues to be true? Why is it impossible that more "progressive" forces couldn't change the Dem party from within? It would certainly be an uphill struggle, but I'm curious about how you see the mechanisms that make this so.

Doug