how we could win [was Re: [lbo-talk] how Hillary could win]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 19 12:01:50 PDT 2006

ravi wrote:

> I think the Democrats misunderstand the public.

I think leftists that argue this perspective misunderstand the purpose for which the DP exists. I'm reasonably sure that they probably understand the public better than anyone on this list does. They aren't stupid. They aren't cowards. They are supporting the policies which they and their main supporters agree on. That is a given. They aim to win elections if and only if they can do so without damaging those basic policies _and_ without risking popular uprisings (mass movements).

Carrol