[lbo-talk] NYT: U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 22 14:21:17 PDT 2006

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> > Seib writes in today's WSJ that the 1982 invasion of Lebanon was met with
>

> The '82 invasion was when I first began reading anything about the Middle
> East. But I recall there being very little domestic criticism, outside of
> Chomsky, Cockburn in his Press Clips column in the Voice, and surprisingly
> Nat Hentoff, who woke up to the realities at this time.

We mounted a pretty good response here in Bloomington/Normal, which led to the establishment on the ISU campus of Students for a Free Palestine, which for a few years flourished enough to have some Zionist organization put us on their map as one of the foremost "Anti-Semitic" communities in the U.S.!!! One of our members also had her tires slashed while at a forum sponsored by SFP.

Carrol