[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Mon Jul 24 05:45:58 PDT 2006

When the Lebanese say it, I agree, they may have the reason, especially when that is how Israel is trying to frame it and that is how they are treating the entire population of Lebanon, but when the international activists do it, I am not so sure it is.

To be honest, the Hezbollah attack led to the obfuscation of what was an increasingly domestically criticized campaign in Gaza into one of the strongest popular backed campaigns in Israeli history. The attack on Gaza continues at pace and all eyes are on Beirut and northern Israel.

What a horrendous, terrible situation, and while the lion's share of blame surely goes to Israel on all that has happened and should be held accountable for the large scale war crimes they are committing and have committed and will commit, my anger and vitriol are immense against what Israel is doing, and nothing Hezbollah did can justify Israel's actions in the least...but that does not wipe the slate clean for the, shall we say, inappropriateness of Hezbollah's actions.

> repelling Israeli aggression

Repelling they did up to the year 2000, and very well, enticing is what they did 13 days ago.

You all can be Hezbollah if you want to, I am with the Lebanese.