[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 05:24:49 PDT 2006

>To be honest, the Hezbollah attack led to the obfuscation of what was an
>increasingly domestically criticized campaign in Gaza into one of the
>strongest popular backed campaigns in Israeli history. The attack on
>Gaza continues at pace and all eyes are on Beirut and northern Israel.

My eyes are on Gaza too, thanks. Yes, Hezbollah's action provided Israel with a meagre excuse to start flattening Lebanon - but then the soldiers were inside Lebanese territory, where IDF soldiers frequently strayed. I don't see what this has to do with whether to support Hezbollah now.

>but that does not wipe the slate clean for the, shall we
>say, inappropriateness of Hezbollah's actions.

If we're talking propriety, as opposed to wisdom, then Hezbollah's actions were entirely within proper norms of international law.

>Repelling they did up to the year 2000, and very well, enticing is what
>they did 13 days ago.

Yeah, Israel needed 'enticement'.

>You all can be Hezbollah if you want to, I am with the Lebanese.

Hezbollah are Lebanese. Curious of you not to notice this. Does it not occur to you that no other Lebanese force, including the army, can repel Israel's offensive?

_________________________________________________________________ Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters