[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Mon Jul 24 08:42:23 PDT 2006

It may make sense to you, or to the proletarian masses of Egypt etc., but in Oceania the slogan is a gift to the Israelis, neo-cons, and Fox News complex.

mbs

"We are all Lebanese". If you like your slogans drippy, sure.

No one is idealising Hezbollah. Hezbollah is an Islamist movement with a strong history of repelling Israeli aggression. Israel is now destroying Lebanon on the pretext of hunting down Hezbollah. In this context, it makes

perfect sense to say "We are all Hezbollah" as the Lebanese civilian shortly

to perish under Israeli fire said. This does not entail support for Hezbollah's broader goals or ideological imperatives.

-- ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 18230 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: winmail.dat Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 2160 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20060724/7580dddf/attachment.bin>