[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 09:46:35 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

>I've never understood why there haven't been suicide bombings in the U.S.
>- esp in NYC, where there's no shortage of Jewish-themed targets, from
>Temple Emanu-el to the Israeli-owned French bistro across the street -
>that could easily stand in as symbols of Israel.

Suicide attacks have taken place in America, and in Europe and elsewhere. I daresay few if any at all targeted "Jewish-themed" buildings etc. This is because the antisemitism of what Roy calls "combat fundamentalism" is less important than the superordinate hostility to US power. I don't understand why you think Jewish-themed districts are more likely to get it, and I still don't get what makes you think Hezbollah are on their way to your district. That's exactly the kind of thinking that gets Bush elected, you know.

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN Search Toolbar now includes Desktop search! http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview