[lbo-talk] Hizbollah rockets put Israel's Arabs under fire

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Jul 24 11:17:30 PDT 2006

At around 24/7/06 2:02 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2006, at 11:46 AM, uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
>
>> MAJDEL KRUM, Israel (Reuters) - Badiyan Farhat hasn't slept a night
>> since a Hizbollah rocket slammed into his home in an Israeli Arab
>> town. "I still can't get the sight out of my head of my two little
>> grandchildren sent flying by the blast," he says.
>
> So, Cde Leninology - is this a military target?

Should the boys throwing rocks in Palestine ensure they are aiming at military targets too?

This stuff about Israeli Arabs being harmed by Hezbollah rockets seems at best a fruitless diversion. This is not to whitewash Hezbollah as entirely legitimate freedom-fighters. Rather, attempts to examine the details of Hezbollah action is a distraction from the real atrocities committed and being committed by Israel.

If anything, it would be more appropriate to consider Israel's responsibility for such harm.

This sort of report is Fox News style objectivity: "fair and balanced" thinking.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/