[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jul 24 14:08:11 PDT 2006

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> leninology.blogspot.com wrote:
>
> >These were military reprisals, not terrorist attacks.
>
> Whatever you call them, they are violations of international law.

You mean Hezbollah but not the United States, France, England, Israel, must follow international law on the bombing of civilian targets. Bombing civilian targets is at the core of the military strategy of the united states & Israel. So far as possible neither state ever fights a war in any other way than bombing civilian targets. We use to cheer loudly in the u.s. when the news came through of 1000 plane raids on Hamburg, though those raids missed all the military targets (deliberately) to focus on the civilians.

Hezbollah rockets are no different from B-52s over Hanoi.

I think the international law you refer to reads as follows: Only nations possessing overwhelming air-power and with political control of the U.S. are allowed to bomb civilian targets. If the allies of the civilians bombed return fire, they are in violation.

The critiques of Hezbollah I'm reading take some sort of prize in hypocrisy.

Carrol