[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Mon Jul 24 14:54:43 PDT 2006

Hey There,

First, you have me wrong - particularly the pious comment. I'm secular.

Second, do you think its possible that violent resistance - of this sort - when practiced by the oppressed, might possibly lead to the oppressed becoming morally indistinct from their oppressors?

The Jewish/Zionist experience during the 20th century is quite instructive. I personally decided during the last Lebanon war - when I came of draft age - to not do my obligatory IDF service on this basis.

I've never regretted it.