[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 13:15:56 PDT 2006

>I agree with Bryan on every point here. none of the hegemonic political
>formations leading this fight in Lebanon are worth supporting in any sense
>of the word. they both wage war on each other's civilian populations, and
>that, irrespective of their political orientations, is worth the utmost of
>condemnation.

I would not expect a different position from Tikkun, but not being the pious sort I tend to decide who I will support based on whether they are oppressed or oppressor, exploited or exploiter. Hezbollah is an organisation of the oppressed and exploited Shi'ite community in Lebanon. Israel is a state possessed in part by the most powerful imperialist bully in the world. One is not obliged to accept every aspect of their strategy as a result.

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN Search Toolbar now includes Desktop search! http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview