[lbo-talk] social democracy vs marxism

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jul 26 10:00:31 PDT 2006

Yes, but you see, for some people, revolution is something that must happen in order for them to physically survive. And so they fight, while others, sitting comfortably on the sidelines argue whether history should proceed in discreet and orderly stages or by revolutionary leaps.

I could see why a bunch of starving, barefoot, illiterate peasants might have had "messianic" projects in 1917. For them, it was absolutely not a mistake. I would also argue that it wasn't a mistake for anyone.

Joanna