[lbo-talk] Israel: forced to fight as a brake against evil

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Wed Jul 26 10:27:24 PDT 2006

Halevi is an absolute blow-hard. He immigrated from the US in the early 80s, and is a typical Israeli-American neocon intellectual. Perhaps the most interesting work he's done of late was to generalize the 'new' Israeli mentality that is at its heart 'centrist' - rejecting both right and left - and in support of the Disengagement.