[lbo-talk] Fwd: Notes from the Siege 9&10

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:12:59 PDT 2006

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> In the end, it really doesn't matter whether or not
> the American Left supports or despises these
> movements. They are an organic reaction to the
> actions of Washington and Tel Aviv and will evolve
> along their own path producing both fair and foul
> results.
>
> We are irrelevant except to the extent we can pressure
> our governments to desist.

Precisely.

I want to mention in particular one way to be irrelevant: that is by dreaming up pictures of what we think "should be done" in the mideast. The only specifiable thing that "should be done" ther is for the U.S. to cut and run. The rest is up to the residents there to battle out.

U.S. Out Now. That is the whole of our politics. That is up mostly to the resistance in the Mideast. But we have to devote our thought to ways in which we can embarass the u.s. government as much as possible at home and damage u.s. foreign capacity as much as possible.

Carrol