[lbo-talk] Fwd: Notes from the Siege 9&10

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 17:29:25 PDT 2006

Angelus Novus:

So why the policy of "Islamic Fascists = Good" whereas "European Fascists = Bad?"

I'm sorry, but this is a loaded question along the lines of 'when did you stop beating your wife?'

I suggest a reformation, one that avoids a dependence on "fascism".

For example...

Official Washington unequivocally supports Tel Aviv (regardless of its crimes) and condemns Arab organizations. Can't the left do better than merely reversing the order of things - unequivocally supporting Arab organizations (regardless of their crimes) and condemning Tel Aviv?

Obviously, since many contributors here mange to do precisely that - acknowledging the origin of all this woe and yet, simultaneously struggling to find a nuanced understanding - the answer is yes, the left can (and very often does) do better.

It's a mistake to devote your energies to battling those few who indulge in hero worship of any sort.

.d.

--------- She loves penicillin...and compromise. She's going to go for it

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/