[lbo-talk] Fwd: Notes from the Siege 9&10

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 18:02:02 PDT 2006

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but this is a loaded question along the
> lines of 'when did you stop beating your wife?'

I apologize if it seems so. It was not intended to be.

> It's a mistake to devote your energies to battling
> those few who indulge in hero worship of any sort.

If there were no progressive forces in the Near East, I could at least understand, but still disagree, with the idea of the "anybody but the U.S." people. I am more outraged by the fact that the British SWP, Carrol, Yoshie, and comrades suggest we should support the Islamists *against* the left forces in these regions (Leninology says that the CP in Lebanon supports Hezbollah. I am not informed about this, so I will believe him and say this is an exception).

There is the Workers-Communist Party of Iran, for example. I think it is shameful that so many Anti-Imperialists (which I use as a term for a specific political tendency) either shit on these comrades actively, the way Yoshie attacks them for being marginal (as if European and American communists are not marginal), or passively, by ignoring their existence.