[lbo-talk] Fwd: Notes from the Siege 9&10

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 03:16:26 PDT 2006

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> > From this persepective, I think the
> > Zionists, who have subtly tried to transform
> Judaism from a religion
> > to an
> > "ethnicity", are closer to the racist ideology of
> the European
> > fascists. The
> > followers of Zeev Jabotinsky - the ideological
> forebears of the Israeli
> > right - were quite explicit about this connection.

They didn't have to transform anything. At the time the European Zionists were living (I think you mean Vladimir Jabotinsky, right?), and still today in large areas of Europe, Jews were/are considered an ethnicity. Until the Holocaust, unassimilated Jews lived in their own separate areas or villages, spoke a different language, and had a very different culture from the peoples around them. They were a nation.