[lbo-talk] Dean: "Maliki is an anti-semite"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 27 05:29:43 PDT 2006

martin wrote:

> REP. DENNIS KUCINICH: [clip] We've destroyed
> that nation, and we've done it with our military power. We have an
> obligation to help the people of Iraq.

"We" have all sorts of obligations that are utterly irrelevant to anything. The U.S. is _not_ going to do a god damned thing to "Help" the people of Iraq, and the delusion that that might happen, if it persists, will end up helping to prolong the war.

At the very beginning of the war the building of an anti-war movement was interfered with by all those who said that the u.s. should "repair" the damage before it left. Check the archives of this list to see how many put out this shit.

When conditions change, the focus of left activity will change, but at the present time every single goal of the left from a living wage to the reform of the Supreme Court to a million local concerns all flow through "U.S. out of the Mideast."

Carrol